[ MATTsoft Boot Manager ]
Current version is 1.19g, released on 10 March 2000
MBTMGR is on a CD|
which comes with
this great book.
Boot manager is program which allow you to use, install and manage many
operating systems on a single PC machine. There are dozens of bootmanagers
which allow you to do this, but they can't do some things which this program
can. The primary design goals of MBTMGR are speed, small size, full
customisation and ability to boot nearly everything :-). Please note that this
program is not for computer beginners. You must have at least basic knowledge
of operating systems, disks and hardware. If you don't apply this, please
ask your knowledgable friend to install this program. Really.
As I promised, this program has lot of interesting features:
- It's fast and small
- Nearly all common OSes are supported (Win 95/98/NT/2000, DOS, OS/2, Linux,
BSD Unixes, QNX, SCO Unix, SCO/Novell UnixWare, Sun Solaris, ... and
- It can boot all DOS, OS/2 and Windows versions from one partition
- OS/2 Bootmanager-style partition hiding is also supported.
- ATAPI CD-ROM boot is as matter of course supported (including
CD-ROM on tertiary and quaternary IDE channel)
- MBTMGR doesn't need it's own partition or FAT filesystem.
For example, you can have two Unixes without a DOS disk.
- You can easily protect boot menu items by password.
- Don't you like standard colors? Change them!
- OS icons are supported too.
- Simple AV protection can tell you whether your system has been infected
by a boot virus.
- If you are a low-level programmer, try building your own OS or ROM BIOS!
MBTMGR will help you with both.